“You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives”
Pre-Primary Teachers’ Training Diploma Course aims to make an individual a trained professional specializing in the area of educating and dealing with pre-school children.
The subjects included in the course are normally as follows:
- Methods of child training
- Components of child health
- Principles of child education and management
- Teaching material preparation
- Craft and creativity
- Lesson plan and class observation
- Child observation
Early childhood education prepares the children for the primary and it focuses on the holistic development of the child. It lays the foundation for the development of reading, writing and number work. It is a program which encourages interaction with the environment, active participation in-group activities and enhances creativity and problem solving in children. Early childhood education is a program which indirectly promotes self control and thereby inner discipline in children.
- To train the trainees in organizing and management of pre-schools.
- To impart knowledge and skills in planning and implementation of pre-primary educational programs.
- To Train the trainees in organizing parent education programs.
- To Train the trainees to set put pre-schools under self employment schemes.
SKILLS TO BE PROVIDED
- Planning the pre-school program.
- Planning long term and short term preschool programs.
- Organizing and conducting developmental activities in the pre-school.
- Preparation of teaching and educational materials.
- Maintenance of records and registers
- Conducting P.T.A. meetings
- Arranging guest lecturers in relation to developmental aspects of pre-school children.
- As pre-school teachers in Govt. and private pre-primary school.
- As Balwadi, Anganwadi teachers.
- Lab attendees in Home Science Colleges.